Russia is one of the powerful nations in the world with an estimate of one-quarter of natural resources and home to sophisticated technologies. The Russian universities are known for their knowledge content, their expertise in medical diagnosis and treatment. This has caught the worldwide attention and attracted the international student community and now most of the students prefer to study in Russia and opt their career in the medical field. The Russian universities cater the students with advanced technologies in the medical field which is yet to evolve in the west keeping them rear.
Climate of Russia
In comparison to India, the climatic condition in Russia is quite different. Laying in the torrid region, the climate remains moderate which makes it comfortable for living. The country has a diverse climate across that differs based on the area. The average winter temperature falls as much as -20 degree Celsius while during autumn or summer can go up to 25 degree Celsius.
Each house is fitted with a heating facility making it comfortable for individuals to stay indoors.
Reasons to study Medicine in Russia
Russia being the developed nation has given umpteen attentions to the medical field keeping the existing diseases in foremost. The country has developed a facility parallel to CDC that keeps eye on the upcoming diseases causing endemic and epidemic
The reasons that made global candidates to study medicine in Russia are as follows:
- Qualitative Education at Low-Cost: Russia has friendly terms with India and this helps the students of Indian community to get them accommodated. The fee structure is nominal and comes with accommodation, medical facilities, Insurance and Visa extension.
- On time Internships: Russia has number of hospitals which permit the medical candidates to enroll them for internship. These hospitals have tie-ups with the institutes and universities so that right training can be catered to the students.
- Placements: the candidates after successful completion o f their course are mostly absorbed by the medical colleges where they would have took the internship. The placement is of permanent nature and requires the medical skills to grab the opportunity.
- Prestigious Degree: Once the candidate completes the medical course, the medical degree is awarded which is world-wide recognized.
- Affordable Fees Structure:Life as an MBBS student in Russia is affordable, fun and professionally fulfilling. The expense of MBBS and accommodation charges in Russia is very low. The travel for students within Russia is very cheap. Special discounts for travelling within the country are also provided for students. Therefore we can say that pursuing MBBS from abroad for Indian students with such a low fee structure is very cost effective.
- No Donation:No donation is required to be paid for getting an admission in even a top medical University which will further decrease your cost of studying in Russian Universities.
- International Recognitions:The medical Universities of Russia are recognized by organizations like WHO, UNESCO, MCI and Medical Councils of many other countries. As you know medical recognition by MCI & WHO can put you away from the competition from many other students.
- Top Ranked UniversitiesAltai State Medical University is now placed at 6th Place in Ranking in the Top Medical Universities of Russia. And not only ASMU there are many Universities which are ranking globally as the top medical Universities in Russia.
- Extracurricular Activities:Many extracurricular activities and sports activities are being held in the medical colleges that keep the students motivated and it fills them with enthusiasm. Moreover, many students are encouraged to take part in several seminars and International conferences.
- Highly Qualified Staff:The professors and teachers are very talented and highly qualified as they all are Genius in their subjects and many of them are Ph.D. Holders. The teaching staff is very cooperative when it comes to clearing doubts of medical students.
- Corruption Free Country:When we talk about the rate of corruption in Russia then it amongst the least corrupted nation in the World. The Russian civilians are much more educated and hence the rate of corruption is lesser when we compare it with other countries.
- Highly Rated Universities: There is positive star ratings of study mbbs in Russia Quora and other forums, you can also check those reviews on various sites.
Eligibility Criteria for Studying Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery in Russia
Candidates who seek admission for MBBS admission at top universities must fulfill the following medicine in Russia eligibility criteria which is as follows:
- The student must have qualified their Class 12th in Science stream in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks and above from CBSE ISC Board or any other recognized board.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC must have scored an aggregate of 45% in class 12th from a recognized board in India.
- According to the notification issued by the MCI in lines of the decision taken by the Delhi High Court, candidates who aspire to enroll in any Foreign Medical Universities for the year 2019 and have not qualified/ registered or appeared for NEET 2019, such students must mandatory produce Eligibility Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India at the time of availing admission to the Foreign Medical Universities.
- The aspirants must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December in the year when they have opted for admission.
- The upper age limit for admission is a maximum of 25 years.
The total duration for MBBS Course depends on the medium of language the candidate has chosen. It is six years for those aspirants who have chosen English language as the main medium of instruction whereas it is seven years for those who have chosen Russian language as the medium of instruction. However, certain Universities also teach elementary Russian language to overseas students making it easier for students of MBBS to interact with the local patients during their one-year internship program.
The admission process for MBBS program in Russia begins in the month of September in major Universities. However, it differs from university to university. Some Universities also start admission in the month of March. Thus, it is important to get the facts cleared regarding the month of commencement and MBBS in Russia eligibility before admission.
Unlike other Universities, the admission process for MBBS in the Universities of Russia are simple, direct and not much complex. However, considering the huge number of applicants aspiring to seek admission in the top universities and the limited number of seats, it is recommended to apply early to benefit the candidates. The admission process takes an approximate of 1.5 months depending largely on the availability of the students passport.
Here is a detailed step to step procedure for applying MBBS in Russian Medical Colleges:
- Select the University of your choice from list of top MCI approved Universities.
- Fill in the online application form filling all the necessary credentials mentioned on the official website.
- After taking guidance from our expert counsellors, candidates must upload the scanned copies of the essential documents required.
- The application will be forwarded to the concerned Universities.
- Once the documents are submitted, the students will be sent an offer letter from the respective universities.
- After this, the students will be required to pay the enrolment fee of Rs.30,000/- only.
- The invitation letter is an authorized document that is issued by the Administration of The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. It will take an approximate of 30 days to get certified by the Authority of Ministry of Public Health of the Russian Federation.
- Once the payment is cleared, the next step is applying for Visa by students. On receiving the Passport and Invitation the visa will be stamped on the passport by the VISA office at the Russian Embassy/ Consulate. (Kindly go through the MBBS in Russia for indian students fee structure for each University).
- After the stamping process, the students will obtain 'Letter of Direction' and they can start their packing for travel in tandem to the date mentioned in the letter.
Aspirants will have to submit a scanned copy of the below-mentioned documents which are required for MBBS Studies. These include:
- Copy of Class 10th and 12th marks sheet.
- Copy of Class 10th and 12th passing certificate.
- First and the last page of the Passport (Passport with minimum 18 months validity).
- Birth Certificate in English or translated to English as well as notarized.
- Visa Fees
Best Russian Medical Universities
- Altai State Medical University: Altai State Medical University presently known as ASMU is a public university located at Barnaul in Russia. The university was established in the year 1954 and is ranked among the top medical colleges in Russia offering Medical and Dental Education. It has a total of 60 functional departments and seven faculties. The University is state funded with all advanced amenities of medical education. The University has tie-ups with different medical institutes for professional training of their students.
- Orel State Medical University: Orel State Medical University is a member of the Association of Classical Russian Universities. It was established in the year 1931 as an Industrial-Pedagogical Institute and came to be known as Orel State University. It is noted to be one of the best Universities opted by students pursuing MBBS from across the globe. The university caters specialization courses in medicine.
- Ulyanovsk State Medical University: Listed among the top medical colleges in Russia, the Ulyanovsk State Medical University is a public medical research University that enrolls over 16,000 students in its six extensive Universities. It also offers 37 medical internships and medical degree programs. The University offers different courses right from full and part-time for graduate and post-graduate courses along with internship programs for medical students.
- Bashkir State Medical University: The Bashkir State Medical University is one of the leading medical colleges ranked in 10th number among the Russian Medical Colleges. The university is popular for its world-class study programs and for its low-cost fees. The University also provides degrees in various courses form full-time to part-time for the graduate as well post-graduate medical courses. The internships are also facilitated to the students.
- Kazan Federal University: Formerly known as Kazan Imperial University, the University received its Federal status in the year 2010. Kazan University is no exception to the excellence. The University qualifies for producing the highest number of medical graduates and post-graduates with longest internship period.
The MBBS in Russia for Indian students fee structure is subject to differ from college to college. The approximate medical course fees ranges from 15 lakhs to 40 lakhs for the whole course in MCI approved Universities.